Fulton Carré Small Second
"Stayed longer than expected"
This watch was originally intended for the American market. After the 2nd World War, many watch manufacturers brought out collections for women to give the returning soldiers a possibility to return home with an appropriate gift. So in the middle of the 40's a large selection of exquisite, high quality watches were created, which at that time caused much joy at the reunion. Fulton produced at that time for the US Army, so the decision was obvious to produce especially for the American market ladies watches.
Little is known about Fulton. What is known is that they had their heyday in the 1950s and exported mainly to the United States.
The name Fulton Watch Company Ltd. was used by Gustave Homberger from 1885 when he founded the company in Bienne, although it seems that sometimes he traded under his own name. Throughout the 20th century adverts have appeared under the Fulton name or as Homberger. In 1916 they specialised in cylinder watches - ladies and gents, gold, silver, gold plate and steel.
In 1927 although still producing cylinder watches they had introduced the lever watch.